top of page

It's National Microwave Day - here's why I don't use one.

Today is national microwave day. Here's why you should give yours the boot.

1. Microwave energy can be absorbed by the body and produce heat in exposed tissues. This can lead to heat damage, especially if the microwave energy is absorbed by areas that are more vulnerable to higher temperatures, such as the eyes.

2. There have been TONS of studies about carcinogens in microwaved food. -Microwaved meats cause formation of carcinogen d-Nitrosodiethanolamines. -Microwaving milk and grains cause some of their amino acids to convert into carcinogens. -Microwaved plants (especially root vegetables) cause the formation of carcinogenic free radicals. -Thawing frozen fruits converts glucoside/galactoside containing fractions into carcinogenic substances. -Microwaving raw, cooked or frozen vegetables converted their plant alkaloids into carcinogens.

3. Microwaves also leach nutrients from your food. One study showed broccoli lost 97% of it's flavonoids in the microwave.

If the microwave zaps the nutrients in your food and turns it toxic... is it really worth the convenience?!


Comentarios


bottom of page